- Barcoding News
Data tracking news, product updates, tips, and more
Posted June 7, 2021
CognitiveTPG, the leading thermal printer manufacturer, was acquired by Blue Edge Technology in October 2020. The company is now fully operational as Cognitive LLC, out of Chicago, Illinois, and we are excited to announce that Barcodes, Inc has renewed our relationship and we are selling Cognitive products again.
The Blue Edge Technology acquisition of CognitiveTPG was a complete acquisition of all manufacturing, distributing, support, repair center and operations. Cognitive LLC is currently manufacturing and distributing all CognitiveTPG products and is committed to build the brand as an industry leader.
the last few months, Cognitive diligently worked in the background to stabilize
their operations and supply chain. We are pleased to share that their
manufacturers, distributors, and repair centers are back online.
What’s NOT Changing:
- The supply chain will NOT be interrupted. Cognitive will continue the CognitiveTPG brand using all existing manufacturers
- All existing TPG products are still available for purchase, including POS, printers, and paper
- Same engineer and design staff
- They will honor all existing warranties
- Financial and capital stability
- New management leadership team with deep manufacturing and inventory management background
- Expansion to different verticals and expanding Cognitive’s footprint
- Developing new innovative products and investing in the future
Posted June 2, 2021
Thursday, June 17th, 11:00 AM -12:00 PM CST
Today's mobile device management vernacular has become an alphabet soup of acronyms. In such a dynamic space, sorting through the MDM landscape to find the right solution for your needs is more challenging than ever. Whether you are involved with UEM, MDM, MEM, or EMM and whether you are small, medium or large enterprise; this webinar will help you:
- Understand the alphabet soup of acronyms around unified device management across your enterprise
- Why every company should have an MDM solution
- Learn how to select the right MDM solution to best fit your needs
- Tips on how to optimize the value and ROI of your MDM solution
Tim Tassone – Principal Solutions Architect, Barcodes Group
Marco Nielsen – Vice President of Endpoint Solutions, Barcodes Group
We hope to see you there!
Posted June 1, 2021
After being confined to their homes for almost a full year, over half of American consumers undertook home improvement projects, leading to increased sales amounting to nearly $400 billion in revenue in 2020. However, along with increased sales came new customer expectations, demanding more from home improvement stores. To keep up with current trends, retailers are expected to provide:
- Stress-free tool rental – Reverse logistics has posed issues to many storefronts in the past, yet tool rentals have been expected to increase store revenue as customers are more likely to make additional purchases and refer retailers offering rentals.
- Faster customer assistance – While customers still expect amiable and personalized shopping experiences, the average expected wait time for customer service is around 2 minutes or less.
- Contactless curbside pickup – Following the COVID-19 outbreak, at least 59% of consumers still plan to use contactless curbside pickup due to convenience and speed.
Build a shopping experience that exceeds expectations with Barcodes, Inc.
Product and price are no longer the only driving factors when it comes to retaining customer loyalty. That’s why Barcodes, Inc. partners with leading tech players like Zebra Technologies to optimize the entire shopping experience. Readapt home improvement storefronts to integrate…
- Intelligent RFID store visibility – Facilitate shelf replenishment when you keep inventory accuracy rates at 99.99% with best-in-class technologies like Zebra’s RFID sensors.
- Wall-to-wall connectivity – Keep workers connected to each other and current inventory levels, preventing out-of-stocks while providing quick service with as many resources as needed available.
- Contactless checkout – Reduce customer density and prevent germ spread with multiple contactless payment options such as self-service kiosks and curbside pickup.
- Around the clock support – From initial solution design to ongoing maintenance, BarcodesEDGE services simplify device procurement and deployment for faster uptime and noticeable ROI.
See how Barcodes, Inc weaves Zebra’s best-in-class technologies into the modern storefront in our flyer. Go beyond customer expectations with a modernization solution centered on your goals. Contact Barcodes, Inc. today for a free consultation to get started.
 Home improvement market size in the United States from 2008 to 2024. Statista
 “Servicing Customers Essential for Home Improvement Retailers to Differentiate, J.D. Power Finds”. J.D. Power. Jun 11, 2020.
 Jansen, Caroline. “After COVID-19, is curbside delivery here to stay?”. Retail Dive. May 14, 2020.
Posted May 27, 2021
Public safety professionals require fast, reliable mobile printing solutions that keep them focused on the job, not the technology. With out-of-the-box functionality, the Brother PocketJet 7 mobile thermal printer supports full-page mobile printing from the most popular computers and mobile devices. It features the legendary PocketJet reliability and fast full-page print speeds. With the PocketJet 7, enjoy the freedom to print virtually anywhere, from almost any device, without special apps or drivers.
Features & Benefits:
- Improved officer safety with a wide variety of mounts and carry case options
- Advanced Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPrint, and MFi options
- Engineered for the rigors of public safety field work
- Generate accurate documents, labels, and tags in the field from mobile devices and handhelds – reducing transcription errors, maintaining transparency, and helping cut costs
The PocketJet 7 is compact enough to be carried in a handbag or briefcase and versatile enough to be mounted nearly anywhere in a public safety vehicle. Designed for line of duty, quickly and reliably print full-page or smaller format citations, documents, receipts, labels, and more, including accident reports, amber alerts, summons, warrants, and more.
Recognized for its compact, semi-rugged design, full page format and extreme field reliability, the PocketJet 7 has public safety professionals covered in a diverse range of in-field or mobile use scenarios. Trust the rugged PocketJet 7 mobile printers to help increase efficiency, improve job safety, and help reduce errors and cost so you can do what you do best: protect and serve.
Contact us today to find the public safety mobile printing solution right for you.
Posted May 27, 2021
With mobility solutions on the rise, there is no doubt that businesses of every kind are turning to mobile POS systems for the freedom of accepting payments virtually anywhere. From tablet‑enabled receipt printers to advanced all‑in-one systems, Epson provides an ideal mobile POS solution for nearly any business. Epson’s robust family of mobile POS products and services ensure your point‑of‑sale needs are covered as your business grows. Epson mPOS products are easy to set up, providing a wide range of connectivity options and broad OS support.
Ideal for businesses on the move, Epson mobile POS products feature a rugged, compact design with a long battery life, the convenience of printing high-quality receipts and barcodes directly from web browsers on tablets and mobile devices, and handheld, wireless printing technology. With the right mobile POS system, your business can have flexibility without sacrificing security. Download our infographic to help you choose the right mobile POS.
If you’ve determined your business is ready to transition to a mobile POS system, the next step is to figure out which one is right for you. Luckily, Epson has your back. Introducing the mSeries, Mobilink, and OmniLink POS solutions.
With a cutting‑edge compact design, the mSeries receipt printers were engineered with mPOS in mind
- Compact, stylish industrial design complements modern tablets
- 2″ or 3″ receipt printing
- iOS, Android, Windows mobile and desktop PC‑compatible
- Flexible configuration: Top or front load
- Connectivity options include USB, Ethernet, NFC touch‑to‑print, and more
Lightweight and portable, these rugged battery-powered POS receipt printers help drive transactional efficiency
- Drop‑rated up to 6.5 feet
- 2″ or 3″ receipt printing
- OS, Android, Windows mobile and desktop PC‑compatible
- Models available with Auto Cutter & Peeler
- Connectivity options include Wi‑Fi and Bluetooth
Enhance any POS solution with intelligent OmniLink printer technology
- For traditional and custom POS applications
- Built-in processor supports the latest in POS
- Online-ordering ready with Server Direct Print
- USB POS peripheral device support
- OmniLink Merchant Services (OMS) support
Contact us today to learn more about Epson’s innovative mobile point-of-sale solutions.
Posted May 26, 2021
Inkjet printers have not been able to print on PVC cards until now. Introducing the new FARGO INK1000. Easy-to-install, snap-in ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks that naturally adhere to standard, off-the-shelf PVC cards. With its high 600 dpi x 1200 dpi resolution, images are sharp and brilliant—and text and barcodes are crisply defined. Since you only consume ink for what your print, the unit can produce 400-1200 prints per cartridge depending on card design.
Key INK1000 benefits demonstrated during the webinar:
- Easy to use - Familiar inkjet printing technology uses cartridges without the need for special cards. Small footprint fits any office environment.
- Affordable - Brings your card designs to life in brilliant 600 dpi x 1200 dpi resolution at a fraction of the cost of ribbon-based card printers.
- Reliable - Lower maintenance and more reliability than many standard card printers on the market today.
Watch the webinar to review the key benefits of the new FARGO INK1000 printer.
If you have any questions, please contact us here.
Posted May 26, 2021
To stay in step with today’s shifting customer expectations, small and home offices are quickly accelerating repetitive tasks with easy-to-use technologies such as simplistic label printers. However, ease-of-use is only one of the many qualities a label printer should have. That’s why Zebra’s newest ZSB Label Printers have been developed to go beyond competing brands such as Dymo and Brother to deliver a printing experience that empowers small businesses to:
- Print from anywhere through your smartphone
- Accelerate setup since there are no drivers to install
- Store and share custom labels through the cloud
- Speed up media loading for less downtime with drop-in cartridges
- Minimize your carbon footprint with eco-friendly cartridges and packaging
- Create labels compatible with leading e-commerce services (Amazon, Shopify, UPS, etc.)
See the difference for yourself. [Download Comparison Sheet]
Frustration-free printing doesn’t end with your device.
At Barcodes, Inc., we understand that small businesses must operate at top speeds with near-flawless performance to meet customer demands for faster shipping and quality customer service. While the ZSB Label Printer minimizes printing complications and jams, our teams are also readily available to help you with:
- Easy label reordering to prevent downtime
- Large supplies inventory to help you find a label that best suits your needs
- Technical assistance throughout TrueSupport service
To learn more about how Zebra’s ZSB Label Printers can enhance your home office, contact Barcodes, Inc. here.
Posted May 26, 2021
Studies show that 99% of businesses in America are in fact small and growing operations, comprising well over half of the national workforce. To thrive in today’s highly competitive markets, small businesses can’t afford to waste time with slow and inadequate technologies, yet complex and bulky devices also have no place in the home office. That’s why Barcodes, Inc. is excited to introduce small and home offices to Zebra’s newest label printer – the ZSB Series.
Building on a legacy of intelligent technologies, the ZSB Label Printer harnesses the power of Zebra’s established enterprise-grade printers into one frustration-free wireless printer that empowers growing businesses right in their home office.
2-minute setup is just the start of an extraordinary printing experience
Designed to uphold continuous productivity, Zebra’s ZSB is committed to support a variety of small business goals such as:
- Speeding up repetitive tasks – Frequent printer jams cause delays and unnecessary frustrations. The ZSB printers eliminate jams and downtime with user-friendly media loading and wireless printing enabled through your mobile device.
- Simplifying label creation – Providing an adaptable printing experience, the ZSB printer allows you to create and design custom labels while storing your templates in the cloud for easy access and sharing.
- Integrating sustainable printing – The ZSB’s drop-in cartridges are completely recyclable, minimizing your carbon footprint even during your most high-demand seasons. High quality labels also help diminish paper waste, further cutting back your environmental impact.
- Ensuring continual support even after your purchase – In our commitment to supporting growing businesses, Barcodes, Inc. ensures maximum ease-of-use from initial purchase to any maintenance needs in the future, whether it be label ordering or software updates.
Meet the printer that’s not like the rest. [Download Infographic Sheet] High-performing label printing fits neatly in the home office thanks to Zebra’s ZSB Printers. Contact us today to see how you can bring hassle-free printing into your growing business.
Posted May 20, 2021
Today’s warehouses are operating at unprecedented speeds for maximum efficiency, accuracy, and profitability. That’s why even the smallest complications such as travel paths to printing stations can impact efficiency over time.
Watch the webinar to review how powered carts are reducing as much as 8 minutes from pick paths while empowering the workforce with purpose-built industrial printers and scanners for best ease-of-use and durability.
Key takeaways of this webinar include:
- Bring printing efficiency directly where you need it most
- Increase throughput with greater printing speeds
- Reduce overtime by as much as 75%
- Improve order cycle times with less labor
- Ensure more successful first-time scans
- Reduce shipping errors
- Prevents downtime with printheads made for high-volume thermal printing
Raul Cepeda Jr. – Barcodes, Inc.
Kevin Ledversis – Newcastle Systems
Marty Johnson – Zebra Technologies
If you have any questions, please contact us here.
Posted May 14, 2021
Many industries are experiencing supply chain challenges from the unprecedented events of the last year; and unfortunately, our industry is also experiencing extended lead times and cost increases. The major industry suppliers are communicating extended lead times on electronic hardware, ribbons, and labels due to component and raw material shortages and increased demand. In some instances, these lead time notices are three (3) to nine (9) months or longer.
We encourage you to reach out and develop a mitigation plan with our experts here at Barcodes, Inc. By forecasting your supply chain needs now, we can work to secure supply and lock-in pricing for your future needs to provide you a more predictable and reliable supply chain. Many customers are creating stocking agreements with us and we urge you to evaluate this option.
Barcodes is committed to helping you mitigate cost increases and ensuring you the high quality services and products you need to operate. Please contact us to identify specific supply chain options, the latest pricing, alternative sources, and actions that can offset extended lead times.
- Articles (65)
- Barcode (20)
- Barcode Fun (62)
- Barcode News (147)
- barcode printer (4)
- barcode scanner (15)
- barcode software (4)
- Barcodes Group (1)
- BarcodesInc (83)
Barcoding News (2273)
- Case Studies (267)
- Consumer Barcoding (12)
- ebook (6)
- Equipment & Software (12)
- Infographic (89)
- Inventory (10)
- Inventory & Barcoding (6)
- label (2)
- New Products (356)
- Point of Sale (42)
- POS (Point of Sale) (1)
- Press Releases (281)
- Product News (1095)
- Product Review (36)
- Promos (14)
- Question and Answer (14)
- RFID (37)
- SMB (7)
- Solutions (377)
- Tech Tip Tuesday (35)
- Tips (169)
- Top Content (6)
- Trade Show (12)
- Trade-In (8)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Videos (23)
- Warehouse Management (26)
- Webinar (58)
- White Paper (123)
- 2D Scanner
- Barcode printer
- barcode printers
- barcode scanner
- barcode scanners
- Data Collection
- Desktop printer
- Industrial Printer
- Inventory Management
- Label printer
- Label printing
- mobile computer
- Mobile computers
- mobile computing
- mobile device
- Mobile printer
- receipt printer
- Receipt printers
- RFID Reader
- Warehouse Management